By registering for or using the efie Products, Customer acknowledges that it is agreeing to the terms of this Agreement. If Customer disagrees with the terms of this Agreement efie does not grant and/or efie may immediately terminate Customer’s right to access or use the efie Products.
efie.co may NOT be used creating shortened URLs that: -
- Are used in commercial email
- Are used for unsolicited advertising (spam) including email, forum posts, SMS messages and spam posts/messaging on social networks such as Facebook or Twitter
- Link to malicious content (phishing, viruses, trojans, adware, any other malware)
- Link to any form of child pornography
- Link to other URL shortening or redirection sites or scripts (these "chains" of links are often used to hide malicious usage)
- Link to material that infringes copyright
- Link to material we consider unethical including but not limited to "get rich quick" schemes, pyramid schemes, paid "self-help" schemes, dubious competitions, sites requiring users to fill out paid surveys and sites with a model that encourages users to spam others (e.g. "Sign up 10 members to get X free")
In addition, any use of efie.co and any content linked to must be legal in Ghana.
URL rejection and removal
We can reject URLs when they are submitted or later remove, disable or redirect shortened URLs for any reason. Our intention is only to do this where they violate our terms or the spirit of fair usage, or we have reason to suspect they do (e.g. if they appear on a blacklist we consult). We're only human and mistakes are occasionally made - we can reinstate disabled shortened URLs if we think it's appropriate to do so.
Our shortened URLs
Users who create is.gd shortened URLs cannot later delete them or modify their destinations (this helps to prevent abuse). Our shortened URLs could redirect anywhere, you follow them at your own risk and is.gd is not responsible or liable for content you visit.
We do not collect or store any information other than that required to provide you with the service and to provide us with site usage statistics.
Warranty and liability
The long version: we provide efie.co as a free service - as such it carries no warranty of any kind. is.gd and its staff and owners are not liable for any loss or problem you might suffer due to using the service. This includes losses in the event that the service stops operating, is unavailable or slow, suffers data loss, or any other issue which might be considered detrimental to you.
Violation of our terms
If you violate our terms, depending on the severity of the abuse, we may disable shortened URLs you have created or block you from using is.gd (and our other URL shorteners) temporarily or permanently. In cases of severe abuse or illegal usage we may report this to the relevant law enforcement agencies.